Tuesday 13 April 2010

MY JOURNEY PLAN

The start date for my journey is Saturday, 24 April from Harwich, England. I am going to cycle 3,600 miles clockwise around the coastline of the North Sea.

My route takes me through some of the most stunning and remote scenery that Europe has to offer. I hope to see an abundance of wildlife. At my Northernmost points, I will be cycling around the Shetland Isles and ffiords near Bergen in Norway.


I will be taking time out to visit a 100 year old lady in Teesside and an army officer who distinguished himself in Afghanistan.

My bike is a Trek X1 that looks like a racer but is strong and sturdy. My ride is unsupported and this means that I carry all my own gear.

I have another challenge. I want to raise money to protect wildlife. I think that protection of wildlife is as important as global warming in the 21st century. If you think wildlife deserves support, please go to www.mycharitypage.com/GrahamWilson

I will be publishing posts throughout my journey on this website. I will also be saying places that I will visit on http://www.twitter.com/cycle770

Cheers for now

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From this blog I hope to continue their adventure every day. Good luck.!

    ReplyDelete